This year has been so fun for me as a new romance author. I feel like I have my undergraduate degree in book publishing and marketing now. Next steps? A Masters and then PhD.
In all seriousness, some of my friends have asked me “how do you do it?” when I run another business full-time and serve on two very important arts boards in Seattle.
The answer is— My fellow sister authors.
In the beginning, I was a huge fan. I devoured a ton of books by other women who write Rockstar Romance and other types of Contemporary Romance. Getting lost in their worlds has been such an amazing escape for me.
Little did I know how much I’d love to write. Now, I have the best of all worlds. I get to read amazing stories from my favorite authors. And I get to create my own worlds.
I’m debuting a new feature in this week’s newsletter – my Author Spotlight, highlighting very cool authors and their new releases.
Today, I want to tell you about Michelle Mankin, one of my very first Rockstar Romance author friends and someone who I aspire to be one day. Michelle is a New York Times bestselling author of a PLETHORA of amazing Rock Star romances – let me give you a little taste:
- BRUTAL STRENGTH is a trilogy combining the plot underpinnings of Shakespeare with the drama, excitement, and indisputable sexiness of the rock ‘n roll industry
- TEMPEST is set in Seattle and follows a rock band on the cusp of making it big, but with serious obstacles to overcome that may prevent them from ever getting there. (hmm, I see a tour with LTZ happening sometime—)
- MAGIC is a collision of rock stars, myths, and legends with paranormal romance.
- ROCK STARS, SURF AND SECOND CHANCES series is a sweet journey of romance and self-discovery
- FINDING ME series is a Tempest spin off with a more experienced but familiar cast of characters.
- The ROCK F*CK CLUB series is a girl-power fueled reality show with the girls ranking the rock stars.
- ONCE UPON A ROCK STAR series is modern-day fairy tale retellings.
This week, Michelle released a new book called STORM (get it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08MWQR9CS/ ) a novel about never giving up, no matter what life throws at you. It’s about the importance of love and learning to dream again. It’s about looking beyond the wind, rain, and lightning to find the calm. It’s about holding on to the right person who helps you to be strong.
Here’s a description:
He wants her, but he can’t have her.
She wants him even though she doesn’t know who he really is.
Storm Hardy left Ocean Beach to pursue a career in the music industry.
Lotus Irving stayed behind, her world rocked by one terrible tragedy after another.
What if all your best memories are behind you?
What if you lost the one friend who understood you better than anyone else?
What if your greatest wish is to recreate the past instead of imagining a brighter future?
Friends – I’m telling you this, STORM is amazing. If you’ve loved ENDLESS and LIMITLESS, I really encourage you to read this book!